Owner/Instructor – Stan White
Stan began his martial arts journey in 1993 at Steve Sanford’s Memphis Karate Institute. He received his black belt in American Shotokan Karate in January of 1996 from Steve Sanford.
In 1999, Stan developed a debilitating autoimmune muscle condition, known as Polymyositis which rendered him unable to walk or raise his arms above his head. After years of physical therapy and recovery, Stan was determined to continue his martial arts journey. Lacking the physical strength to practice traditional stand-up arts due to their athletic requirements, he instead turned toward the art of Gracie Jiu Jitsu which was advertised to allow the smaller, weaker opponent the possibility of defeating a stronger, larger one.
In 2009, Stan began training Gracie Jiu Jitsu at Chilcutt’s Premier Martial Arts, a Royce Gracie affiliate. He received his blue belt in 2010, and his purple belt in 2013 under the Royce Gracie affiliation. Shortly after receiving his purple belt, Stan was introduced to Professor Luiz Claudio, a 4th degree Rickson Gracie Black Belt. Upon his first visit to Professor Claudio, Stan realized some significant differences in the Jiu Jitsu being practiced by Luiz’s students, and how well it worked for all practitioners. Stan fell in love with the program and Rickson’s Invisible Jiu Jitsu. Over the next year he continued to practice both styles. Stan earned his blue belt under Professor Claudio’s system in December of 2014, and re-tested for his Purple Belt in December 2015 under the LCCT affiliation guidelines and was officially certified to teach the LCCT Foundations and Advanced curriculum.
On July 14, 2015, Midsouth LCCT was formed by Stan and David to allow others the opportunity to experience the magnificence of this style of Jiu Jitsu and to further share the art with practitioners in the greater Memphis, TN area.
Martial Arts Timeline
- November 1993 – Began studying American Shotokan Karate.
- January 1996 – Received Black Belt in Shotokan Karate.
- August 2009 – Began Gracie Jiu Jitsu
- November 2010 – Received Blue Belt from Royce Gracie
- November 2013 – Received Purple Belt from Royce Gracie
- December 2014 – Retested for Blue Belt under Luiz Claudio
- July 2015 – Created Midsouth LCCT Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Academy
- December 2015 – Retested for Purple Belt under Luiz Claudio
Owner/Instructor – David Moulton
David began jiu jitsu in 2004 under Louis Vintaloro of Fairlawn New Jersey. While work kept training fairly inconistent, he definitely caught the Jiu Jitsu Bug. Finally, in 2008 David and his family moved to Memphis and began training under Chad Chilcutt and Chip Baldine, a Royce Gracie affiliate. David received his Blue and Purple belts from Royce Gracie and Evaldo Lima, under the tutelage of Chilcutt’s Martial Arts.
David’s view of Jiu Jitsu is similar to a never-ending road. “Anyone that has trained long enough knows that achieving anything north of a white belt takes sacrifice, time, and a consistent drive to get better.” That drive led to a chance meeting with Luiz Claudio, a 3-time World Champion and 4th degree black belt under the legendary Rickson Gracie. After feeling the “invisible” Jiu Jitsu from Professor Claudio, and seeing how simple the technique was to apply, David decided that “getting better” meant going in a different direction.
In July of 2014, David decided that knowing the foundation of Professor Claudio’s method was essential to his growth as a bjj student, and as a result he re-tested for his Blue Belt under the LCCT (Luiz Claudio Combat Team) banner in December 2014, and subsequently his Purple Belt in December of 2015.
Martial Arts Timeline
- October 2004 – Began Jiu Jitsu under Louis Vintaloro (Royler Gracie Affiliation)
- April 2009 – Received Blue Belt from Royce Gracie (Royce Gracie Affiliation)
- December 2014 – Received Blue Belt from Luiz Claudio (LCCT)
- February 2015 – Received Purple Belt from Evaldo Lima (Royce Gracie Affiliation)
- December 2015 – Received Purple Belt from Luiz Claudio (LCCT)